Medical emergencies can happen to anyone, anywhere – and ones related to your mouth need immediate attention and care too. Falls, trauma, accidents, and direct blows to the face or teeth may cause:
- Cuts and lacerations of the soft tissues
- Vertical or horizontal fractures of the teeth
- Avulsion of the teeth (teeth falling out of their sockets)
- Fractures and dislocation of the TMJ (temporo-mandibular joint)
- Excessive bleeding and swelling
- Damage to the gums and the structures supporting the teeth
- Severe pain
All of these are considered dental emergencies and require immediate care. If cuts, lacerations, bleeding, swelling and dental avulsions are not managed in a timely manner, it can lead to multiple complications such as:
- Development of bacterial infections
- Excessive loss of blood
- Permanent tooth loss
As dental surgeons, our aim is to always go the extra mile to save the natural teeth and tissues. In case of dental emergencies, we’re here to help you. If you experience an emergency doing office hours, we’ll try our best to make sure that you are taken care of the same day. If our office is closed, you can dial our number and we’ll do our very best to give you step-by-step instructions on how you can manage your emergency till the office opens up the following day.
At Prospect Dental, we care about your smile – and we like making sure that your smile always remains full, healthy and bright. If you have any concerns or queries related to oral health or dental procedures, give us a call to speak to one of our team members, or simply book an appointment today!